The European Athletics U20 Championships will take place in Tallinn from 15th-18th July. There is new information for spectators – the first three sectors of the main stadium stand of Kadriorg Stadium are open to the spectators, and the entrance to the stadium is only through Vesivärava Street.
“Due to the coronavirus limitations, spectator and athlete areas are separated according to the competition sanitary protocol. Athletes, teams, and all organizers are tested regularly, while spectators can enter the stadium from Vesivärava gate without testing and without providing proof of vaccination, ”said Erich Teigamägi, President of the Estonian Athletic Association.
Taking from the U23 Championships experience, the organizing team further expanded the spectator seating area on the main stand of Kadriorg Stadium, leaving the secondary stand for athletes. As a result of this change, spectators will have access and seating to the first half of the stadium’s main stands during the U20 Competitions. The entrance at the main gate will stay closed.
“Specifically, the spectators will have access to three large sectors of the main stand, which are located near the start of 100m track. From the new seating plan, spectators will have an even better view of the competition arena and view on a large TV screen. There is also a better opportunity to protect yourself from hot sun and rain in unpredictable weather conditions,” added Teigamägi.
Spectators will not have access to the rest of the zones, including the secondary stand and the outer ring of the stadium. The changes were made in cooperation with the European Athletics Association, taking into account the separation requirements between spectators and teams participating in the European Championships in order to minimize the risk of coronavirus spreading.
The organizers thank the sports fans for their understanding and hope that despite the virus prevention restrictions, every sports fan will have a great experience either at the stadium or via watching a live stream of the competitions!
Important information for those arriving at the U20 Championships spectator area:
Important to know!
- Spectators can enter the stadium only from Vesivärava gate (Vesivärava street 42, Tallinn)
- Spectators have access to half of the main stand, seating and access are near the 100m start line
- The seats are not numbered, it is worth coming earlier to get a better seat
- The stadium gate will be opened to the spectators 1 hour before the session start
- Tickets are on sale at Piletilevi and during the sessions at the Vesivärava gate spectator entrance!
- The price of a session ticket is 15 euros, a Sunday full-day ticket is 30 euros
- Tickets are only valid for a specific competition session, spectators are asked to leave the stadium between sessions
- Catering available at the stadium, it is possible to buy food and drinks
- Spectators are not required to take a COVID-19 test or provide proof of vaccination or immunity
Find the timetable here: https://tallinn2021.ee/en/u20/timetable/
The official international partners of the 2021 European Athletics U23 and U20 Championships are Spar and Le Gruyère, the broadcasting partner is Eurovision and the official cooperation partner is Mondo. The supporters of the competition are Audi, Kalev, NIKE, Postimees, SYNLAB Eesti, Tradehouse, Utilitas and Värska Vesi. The competitions are organized by the Estonian Athletic Association in cooperation with the European Athletics Association, the City of Tallinn and the Ministry of Culture.